Let Southbound take you to the astonishing floral riches of the Cape—what Carl Linnaeus described as “this Heaven on Earth”—a vast area of mountainous shrubland, dominated by fynbos, and rich in faunal, floral and cultural diversity.
- The Cape Floral Kingdom is one of the oldest plant kingdoms in the world with some species dating back 60 million years
- The smallest and richest of the world’s six Floral Kingdoms with a staggering 9,600 flora species, 70% of which occur nowhere else on Earth.
- Comprising eight unique areas—Table Mountain, Groot Winterhoek, Cederberg, Boland, De Hoop, Boosmansbos, Swartberg, Baviaanskloof
- Contains 112 Red Data Book (endangered) species of fauna and also an Endemic Bird Area
- Hiking, 4×4 trails, base-jumping, adventure-caving, whale-watching, wine farms, cheese and arts festivals
and much more
- Comprehensive tourist listings, maps and colour photos